Tuesday 17 January 2017

Its not cheap!


You may be curious to just how much it costs. I thought I would break it down as much as I could.

The costs of course vary for different clinics, but I would imagine that they would be similar- at least throughout Canada.

Although, the cost are ridiculously expensive, because we are doing a frozen donor egg cycle, it is significantly less expensive then a fresh donor cycle. (It is also the only option that we have.)

Registration Fee-                                    $825.00   
Vitrified Egg Donor IVF Cycle-            $5750.00
Donor Eggs                                            $11000.00 (US Dollars)
Shipping of Eggs                                   $1030.00
Mock Cycle                                           $250.00 (didn't need to do this)
Drug Costs                                             $500.00 to $2400.00
Embryo Cryopreservation                      $925.00
Thawing & Replacing frozen embryos  $1280.0

Who ever said having a baby isn't cheap wasn't exaggerating! But it will be worth it!

At this time I don't know the exact costs as I'm not sure how much the drugs are going to cost me. I am really fortunate to have really good coverage through my work.

*All the prices are in Canadian dollars except of course the donor eggs which is American dollars.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I totally agree its worth it. I would pay that for Reid haha.

    ReplyDelete