Monday 24 August 2015

Much Needed Break

I can't believe that five weeks have passed since I wrote my last post! 


During that time I had a wonderful visit home. It was so good to go home and spend time with my family. I had a good cry with my mom and then enjoyed not thinking, worrying or obsessing about trying to get pregnant!

While I was home I also went to see a naturopathic doctor. I heard about him through my mom's friend whose brother went to see him when he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Her brother is now healthy, happy and cancer free.

He gave me a plan to get me healthy, lower my blood pressure and hopefully be able to conceive.

It involves eating vegan- no meat, fish, dairy, or eggs.

Last year I ate vegan for a couple of months and my blood pressure went down significantly. After I stopped my blood pressure rose back up again.

As well as eating vegan, I also drink two 16 oz vegetable juices and two orange juice, spinach, flax seed, chlorophyll and omega 3, 6, and 9 oil shakes a day.

There are also a few other things I do such as drinking 2 oz of aloe vera juice, using digestive enzymes, and drinking a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda.

So far it has been going well, although, in the beginning I was doing all of the juicing throughout the day as I needed it. It took so much time that I felt like I was trying to live my life in between juicing and cleaning the juicing machine. Now I do a bunch of juicing all at once and freeze the juice so I can thaw it as I need it.

I also have to say thank goodness for Pinterest! I have found so many great vegan recipes. I've been eating Thai curries, veggie burgers, salads, soups... everything I've tried so far has been delicious.

Reality Check: I love meat and seafood. I know that it is very unlikely that I will never eat a steak or have a lobster again. So my plan is to eat completely vegan for the next couple of months to check my blood pressure. After that I am planning to occasionally treat myself. I'll probably eat vegan on a 80%-20% or 90%-10% rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment