Saturday 25 February 2017

Day 3 Transfer

Just after six o'clock this morning I received a phone call from the Regional Fertility Clinic. As soon as I saw who it was I jumped out of bed realizing if they were phoning that early it probably wasn't the best news.

It wasn't.

Only one of our fertilized eggs have made it to 8 cells. (Each day after fertilization the cells are expected to double.)

We have one 8 cell, two 6 cell and two 5 cell embryos...

So they want me to come in at noon today to have my transfer.

She asked me if I would be comfortable with transferring three... The one 8 cell and the two 6 cell embryos. I said yes, but she then informed me that the decision will ultimately be that of the doctor who will be performing the transfer.

So after a good cry with my mom over the phone, I've taken a few big deep breaths and am now prepping for the transfer. Which means:

At 11:00 I need to 'void' my bladder and then drink two-three glasses of water so that I will have a full bladder.

I was also asked not to wear any perfumes or use strong smelling bathing products.

So if you are reading this I'm asking for your prayers and best wishes.

p.s. The other two 5 cell embryos will be monitored to see if somehow they continue to grow, although it doesn't look good and she told me that they don't anticipate being able to freeze them.




2 comments: