Friday 17 February 2017

Ultrasound News

This morning I had my ultrasound to check the lining of my uterus.

Up until today I have been taking my different medications automatically and haven't really being feeling a lot of stress.

This morning while driving to the Regional Fertility Program's clinic I had what felt like butterflies with baseball bats slugging it out in my stomach.

The thickness of my uterus lining has always been good so I'm not sure why I got so nervous- other than my body doesn't seem to react well to some of the different medications I have taken.

The ultrasound was not done by my doctor, but by one of the fertility doctors on staff. (As I've mentioned in previous posts the doctors are on a rotating schedule and patients see whomever is working that day).

As this was an ultrasound to check my uterus lining it was done vaginally- I'm pretty sure I've had around 40 of these now so they no longer make me cringe.

The first thing that the doctor mentioned was that he could see something in my lining... which is when my heart and mind started racing.

He then went on to say that the thickness of my lining looked good.

Great news!

Although, to be honest I barely heard that as all of my attention was focused on what did he see and wondering if it was going to prevent us from proceeding.

I immediately asked him if it was uterine fibroids, but he said it looked more like adenomyosis.

'Adenomyosis is a condition in which the inner lining of the uterus (the endometrium) breaks through the muscle wall of the uterus (the myometrium). Adenomyosis can cause menstrual cramps, lower abdominal pressure, and bloating before menstrual periods and can result in heavy periods. The condition can be located throughout the entire uterus or localized in one spot.'
- WebMD

I then asked if he thought it would interfere with implantation. He told me that it is unknown whether or not it affects fertility. Again my mind started spinning, but then I realized that there is nothing I can do about it.

So I've decided to focus on the positive and that is that my lining is good!

My updated schedule looks like this:

Friday, Feb. 17th- (Today) I continue taking my ASA, Suprefact, Estrace and prenatal vitamin.

Tuesday, Feb. 21- I will start taking 2 antibiotics a day, 16 mg (4 pills) of Medrol and an evening dose of Crinone (starting tomorrow I take 2 doses a day 12 hours apart)

Wednesday, Feb. 22- Chris goes in to provide his sperm sample to fertilize the eggs and they thaw our eggs

Thursday, Feb. 23- We should be given an update of how the fertilization process is going. I also take the last dose of Suprefact.

Friday, Feb. 24- We will be given another update of how the fertilization process is going.

Depending on how things are going we will be looking at having the transfer on Saturday the 25th or Monday the 27th.

The new drugs I'll be taking are:

Medrol- This steroid hormone is sometimes taken when the Assisted-Hatch procedure is being done in conjunction with the Embryo transfer. It is taken to suppress any inflammatory reaction that might occur between the embryo(s) and the endometrial lining.'                                      -Family Beginnings

Crinone- Progesterone gel
     


No comments:

Post a Comment