Wednesday 9 September 2015

You're Doing What?

I have had a lot of strong reactions when I've told people that I am eating 'vegan'. I've heard every comment from: 'why,' 'are you crazy,' the ever popular 'I could never do that,' and I even got one 'that's awesome'!

Most people are very supportive when I explain that I am doing it for health reasons.

I have been eating 'vegan' for just over a month and so far it has been going really well. Pinterest has been amazing. I honestly don't know if I would have been able to do it without all the delicous recipes I have been able to find. I especially love all the curries!

Eating out hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. I've been out a few times now and each time I was able to easily find something that I thought was vegan. (There are normally vegetarian options at most restaurants and Asian restaurants are especially easy.)

I am hoping that by eating vegan I will be able to lower my blood pressure and make my body strong and healthy so that hopefully we will have better chances for our next IVF/IUI round.

Now that I have my eating organized and under control, I've also started working out again. I find working out in the morning works best because, to be honest, by the time I get home from work, make supper and clean up I'm exhausted!

* I need to clarify that although I am not eating any meat, fish or dairy products I am not necessarily eating vegan. For example: I just found out that most wines use animal products in their fining process. I having been using the term vegan because I didn't realize or understand the many facets of veganism.









No comments:

Post a Comment