Wednesday 30 September 2015

Unnecessary Panic

As I mentioned before, I am now taking my shots at 1:00 p.m.
This means that I am having to take my shots at work.

Now I don't mind taking the shots in public as I did it a few times last time, however, the last (only) two times I've done it - something has gone wrong.

The first day I had a little left in my first Gonal F pen so I needed to bring another one with me. Unfortunately, I accidentally took the wrong Gonal F pen out of the fridge.

Instead of one of the 900 IU pens, I grabbed the 300 IU pen. This was an issue because I needed to take 450 IUs.

I ended up not getting 12.5 IUs. Because I was at work and couldn't just grab another pen I was feeling panicked.  I called the Pharmacy right away, but of course it went straight to their recording.

I didn't hear back from them so I rushed home right after work, took another pen out of the fridge and cranked it to 12.5.

Guess what? 

It turns out 12.5 IUs is a minuscule amount... But I still took it just in case (even though it was four hours after when I was supposed to take it).

After that I immediately got out a new pen, double checked it,  and got everything else ready for the next day. I put everything into one of our reusable shopping bags so it would be ready to go the next day.

Fast forward to 12:50 the next day- I go to grab my meds out of my bag and realize I grabbed the wrong bag!!!! In a panic I jumped in my car and drove as fast as I could to get home.

Murphy's Law I ended up behind 4 dump trucks... Not kidding! Not just one, but four!

Needless to say it was the quickest I've ever taken my shots!

Thankfully both times everything turned out ok.

p.s. I now have a bright yellow bag that I am planning to put my meds in so that I don't accidentally take the wrong bag again!

No comments:

Post a Comment