Saturday 5 September 2015

Have You Ever Thought About Adoption?

While going through this process Chris and I have had several friends 
and family members ask us if we have considered adoption.

And the truth is yes we have considered adoption, but we are just not ready to give up the hope of having our own biological child.

I remember when I was younger thinking that if I wasn't able to have a child of my own I would just adopt. As if it would be an easy decision with no emotional baggage. 

How neive I was.

So for now we are planning to try at least another couple of attempts of IVF or IUI depending on how my body reacts.

If it doesn't work out for us then we have a few different options:

* Using the donated embryo of another couple 
* Adoption
* Live without children

At this moment we are thinking that we would like to try using the donated embryo of another couple. Although, the child would not be biologically ours, I would carry the child and there seems like there would be a lot less legal issues. 

As with everything in life this is a journey and we don't know what tomorrow will bring so we just keep taking it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment