Monday 28 September 2015

New Schedule

So this time around my schedule and the drugs that I am taking are slightly different. 

To begin with, I didn't do a month of birth control first. Instead as soon as I started my period I called it in and then the next day went in for my baseline ultrasound and blood work.

The ultrasound showed that I had a cyst on my left ovary, but my bloodwork showed that it wasn't producing estrogen so it was ok for me to go ahead this month.

So for the next four days I take 450 IUs of Gonal F and 150 IUs of Menopur. I also take one low dose Asprin.

Then, on Wednesday I go in for another ultrasound and bloodwork to see how my body is responding.

After that, depending on how my body is responding, I will also start taking 0.25 mg of Cetrotide to prevent my body from ovulating early. The Centrotide needs to be taken at 1:00 p.m..

I will continue the three different drugs for about 10 more days. (around Oct. 10th). If everything looks good then I will do the trigger shot and then I would do the HGC trigger shot and then around 35 hours later do the insemination.

*This month I am only taking one shot of Gonal F and Menopur a day. I'm taking them at 1:00 p.m. instead of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. like last time.

This means I am having to do the shots at work rather than at home. Luckily I've found taking the shots is kind of like riding a bike... you don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment