Monday 3 April 2017

Ongoing

It has been so hard for me to write this post.

Last Friday I went in to have my ultrasound with both my husband and my dad.

We were overjoyed to see our baby and to actually be able to see its heartbeat.

Our joy soon turned to confusion and fear when our technician explained that our baby was measuring 6 weeks and 1 day instead of 7 weeks. She also went on to tell us that our heartbeat was low at 73 instead of being over 100.

They explained that there is a chance that the heart rate can increase and we could still have a normal pregnancy, but that there is cause for concern that it will not be a viable pregnancy.

They contacted the Regional Fertility Clinic to let them know the results of our ultrasound.

We were asked to go upstairs where we waited for about an hour to talk to one of the doctors working.

When we finally got in it was completely awful. The doctor we saw had absolutely no bed side manner. I know they need to be honest with us, however, he immediately told us that we need to prepare that we were going to have a miscarriage.

Chris was so upset he interrupted him to explain that I had been through this before and that we didn't need to hear all this negativity. He went on to say that we would have appreciated some positively or at least been given a glimmer of hope.

We left devastated and with me in tears.

I have another ultrasound booked for Monday.

Now all I can do is pray for a miracle... and yet again, I am asking for all your prayers as well. 


5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about how you were treated. I am praying for you. Our first miscarriage we had the most horrible doctor and I will never forget his name, face or how he treated us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candace. I understand that they need to be honest and provide us with facts, but I don't think they understand that for us it isn't just facts- its our whole world. The doctor we had for our first miscarriage was much more kind and left us with at least a glimmer of hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear you had a horrible experience with your doctor as well.

      Delete
  3. yeah we tried avoiding that hospital with our second but the ultrasound tech was off at the other hosp he was better that time-what a dick. How do they not know how devastating it can be?? you are so strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying very hard for you and your husband that this has a happy outcome. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete