Wednesday 1 March 2017

Eggs in a Basket

This morning I received a phone call from the Regional Fertility Clinic to let me know that none of our remaining eggs make it to the blastocyst stage. Which means:

All of our eggs are in one basket or in this case my uterus!

Although it wasn't a huge surprise it was devastating to hear. We were really hoping that we would get at least one more fertilized egg that could be frozen.

Of course my biggest fear is that there is something wrong with the eggs that were transferred and that they may have stopped growing and developing.

Unfortunately,  I have absolutely no way of knowing. I won't find out if I am pregnant for another 12 days. If I don't become pregnant I won't know if it was a problem with our eggs or if they were fine, but just didn't implant.

As I've mentioned before the two week wait is the hardest part!

I'm trying to remain positive, but I have to be honest it is really hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment