Wednesday 1 July 2015

Side Effects

When I first began this journey I was really concerned about the different side-effects that I might experience. I read about all kinds of crazy side-effects from hot flashes to emotional roller coaster rides. 

I am happy to say that I have experienced very few side effects. The hormones never really gave me the major side effects that heard some ladies experience. I think it may have to do with how a woman typically reacts to her own hormones. I am one of the lucky woman who doesn't typically experience bad PMS.


Yesterday, after my IUI procedure, the nurse told me that I may experience some slight bleeding and some cramps.

Unfortunately I experienced both of these. 

The spotting wasn't a big deal, but the cramps were/are very uncomfortable. In fact I am still experiencing discomfort. 

I have also started my Endometrin this morning. If you didn't read my post yesterday, Endometrin is progesterone which will help to ensure that my uterine lining is ready to receive and nourish a fertilized egg.

The Endometrin comes in a tablet form, and I was given applicators which makes it easier to insert it high enough into my vagina. I will be using these three times a day until either I get a negative pregnancy test or until my 10th week of pregnancy. 

Did I mention that it is an effervescent tablet? 

Picture putting an Alka-Seltzer tablet up your woo-hoo! To say it is an interesting sensation would be an understatement! I also think it may be the fizzing which is adding to my cramping.

I have to wear a panty liner as some of it is discharged... isn't that a sexy thought!

Speaking of SEXY- just take a look at some of the side effects I may experience.

Side Effects of Endometrin include:  abdominal bloating and/or pain, nausea, headache, uterine cramping, vaginal spotting or bleeding, vomiting, constipation, tiredness, breast tenderness and mood swings or irritability. 

They also have less common side effects which include: vaginal itching, vaginal burning, and vaginal discomfort!

Yay!!! Don't they sound like fun?

Have you noticed that quite a few of these side effects are similar to those women experience when they first become pregnant? Nothing like playing with a person's emotions!

I'm hoping, like with the other fertility drugs, I won't experience too many of these side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment