Friday 9 October 2015

All Done... Except the Waiting

On Wednesday I went in at 10:30 a.m. and had our IUI procedure done. Like last time, Chris had to go in at 7:30 a.m. to give his sperm sample so that they could wash it before my appointment.

The procedure went well, and I felt much more relaxed after having already experienced it. In fact, this time I only experienced some slight cramping.

If you are interested in reading more details about what happens during an IUI you may want to read my previous post entitled: Fingers Crossed. http://lazzyeggs.blogspot.ca/2015/06/fingers-crossed.html

I know we only have a 20% chance of success, but when I think of the fact that Chris provided 64 million sperm and I provided three eggs; I find it hard to imagine that yet again it might not work.

64 million sperm and three eggs!

It seems almost impossible for it not to work.

The one thing I keep holding on to is that if it doesn't work this time we are planning to give it one more try.

I've started taking the Endometrin three times a day and will also continue taking the low dose asprin. (Endometrin is an effervescent progesterone tablet that is used to prepare the uterine lining so it is ready to receive and nourish a fertilized egg and support early pregnancy.)

It was while I was on the Endometrin that I experienced the most side effects last time. I'm hoping that since I will be working this time, I will be too busy to notice them.


I was also given the paper work to have my pregnancy test done on October 25.  That's 2 and a half weeks or 18 days past the date when I had the procedure... not that I'm counting!

So like last time we're asking for as many well wishes, fingers crossed and prayers that you can provide.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that seems like an eternity to wait!! Sending you guys good vibes :)
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! It is so hard not to obsess about it, but I'm trying to keep my mind busy!

      Delete