Wednesday 14 October 2015

Thankful

On Saturday, Chris and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house. With my family living in New Brunswick and Chris's parents in B.C., we decided to invite a few of our friends to join us.

What a wonderful evening!

Not only did we have good food to eat (thanks to the help of our friend Matt), but we were also surrounded by great friends who have been so supportive to both me and Chris.


It was a good reminder that we have so much to be grateful for! 

If you are experiencing infertility, it can be easy to slip into the 'oh woe is me' mode. If you are not careful it can out shadow everything else in your life.

While I was getting ready for bed last night, I remembered an Oprah episode in which she was encouraging her audience to keep a daily gratitude journal. The idea was to write down five things that they were grateful for each and every day.

“The single greatest thing you can do to change your life today would be to start being grateful for what you have right now. And the more grateful you are, the more you get.”
— Oprah Winfrey

Here is a list of just of few of the things that I am grateful for:

1. My partner in everything, Chris
2. My loving family (including my fantastic in-laws!)
3. Our amazing friends
4. Our fur babies (Cujo and Leo)
5. My health, and the health of all my loved ones
6. Living in Canada
7. Actually having a fall this year (In Calgary we often skip fall and go straight to winter)
8. My job, that sometimes can be all consuming, but I couldn't imagine doing anything else
9. The internet, which allows me to stay in contact with my friends and family
10. Curling up with a good book




No comments:

Post a Comment