Sunday 14 June 2015

Here We Go... Finger's Crossed!


I did it! 


I know that seems dramatic, but honestly I was terrified about giving myself the first shot. 

In fact, I was so nervous that I woke up at 3:00 a.m. from an extremely vivid dream in which I was trying to administer the shot to myself.

In the dream for some reason I wasn’t able to reach the end of the needle to push the Suprefact down the syringe. I ended up finally being able to adminster it by pushing the end of the syringe into the wall in front of me.

It didn’t end there… I also took the needle out too soon (you're supposed to wait 3 seconds) which caused half of the Suprefact to come out and left a disgusting taste in my mouth. When I woke up I still had the awful taste in my mouth and felt a twinge where I had 'given' myself the needle. Did I mention the needle was about the size of a hotdog?!
Here is the syringe, Suprefact,
Lori's alcohol wipe, info sheet and
biohazard container.

Thankfully real life wasn't nearly as dramatic or as painful.

In fact, it was quite easy. The most difficult part was getting exactly 0.2 ml into the syringe... For some reason I kept getting either too much or not enough. (Probably my nerves!)

I will be continuing to take the Suprefact twice a day, 12 hours apart, until I receive my HCG injection which will take place two days prior to egg retrieval... fingers crossed!

In a couple of days I will also be starting the Gonal F and Luveris shots as well as oral antibiotics. (I have to call RFP on the first day of my period so they can tell me when to start those). In case you didn't do the math that is four needles a day!

Close up of the instruction sheet.
I am feeling much more confident now that I have done my first shot.  Although I still wish that we would have been able to conceive naturally,  I am feeling better in general about doing IVF.



1 comment:

  1. Great post! For those over 40 looking to get pregnant, if you can afford it, buy this book: Pregnancy Miracle. Available in digital format as well here.

    Well first of all, it's not just an infertility cure program, it shows you how to get pregnant fast. It worked beautifully for me n hubby :)

    This may seem like semantics or wordplay at first, but once you've read just the first chapters, there will be no doubt in your mind that pursuing "help with your pregnancy" is not only the wrong goal, it may be the reason that you've failed to get pregnant until now.Pregnancy Miracle shows you exactly why you should fix the internal problem that's hindering your chances of getting pregnant and then goes on to show you exactly how to do it.Secondly, what makes Pregnancy Miracle different is the amount of attention that is paid to each and every element required to get pregnant the natural way. Pregnancy Miracle not only thoroughly discusses the lies, myths and fallacies surrounding a very confusing subject, it is simply the most detailed book about pregnancy and infertility, Chinese Medicine and holistic health ever written.

    The Pregnancy Miracle book focuses on 100% natural method for getting pregnant quickly. That means there aren't recommendations for harsh prescription drugs or surgeries with nasty side effects.

    Because the Pregnancy Miracle program is [b]not a quick fix ‘fairy tale’ cure but a complete holistic solution aimed at eliminating the root cause of fertility problems[/b](regardless of your age) and ensure your will get pregnant quickly, it does take work and persistence to complete. "The dictionary is the only place success comes before work" says Lisa, as she emphasizes the "no quick fix" philosophy behind the entire book.Anyone and everyone who wants to get pregnant naturally and regain their natural inner balance will benefit from Pregnancy Miracle. This ebook is honestly for everyone. Even women without fertility issues.

    Anyone searching for the truth about pregnancy, fertility issues and alternative health and who is ready and willing to put in some work and make the lifestyle changes necessary to get pregnant fast and give birth to healthy children, will find Pregnancy Miracle to be one of the best investments they ever made in their lives.

    ReplyDelete