Friday 19 June 2015

Weight Time

Not only do I come from a long line of fertile women. I also come from a long line of emotional eaters! After our miscarriage, and month after month passed without getting pregnant, I steadily started gaining weight.



Now if I had an hour glass figure like Scarlett Johansson or Kim Kardashian I wouldn't mind so much. Unfortunately, I am not that lucky. 

When I first went to the RFC to get help trying to conceive I asked about diet and exercise. I was told to eat healthy and do moderate exercise. Unfortunately, in my mind, that meant 'go ahead- eat whatever you want.' 

Did I mention I tend to be 'all or nothing' when it comes to diet and exercise? I would have been much better off if she had given me a 'diet' to follow, because I would have followed it to the letter- no matter how strict it was. 

Again the internet was no help. There are so many contradictory 'fertility diets' out there. Of course, the majority talk about eating fresh fruits and vegetables, but then it gets confusing. Some recommend whole grains, some say to stay away from them. Others recommend a high protein diet and yet others suggest you should become vegan. Then there are the low-fat versus good-fat, full fat organic dairy versus dairy free, and just about every other kind of diet you can imagine.

And then I found this article... 

http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/0a73aa1c-e7f2-99df-3a31caef18d3a33e/

Eating full fat ice cream at least twice a week could increase my chances of becoming pregnant!?! 

Well I love ice cream so that got me thinking about the 'at least twice a week'... does that mean if I ate some everyday I'd even have better chances? 

See my logic? 

Hmm... as tempting as this seems somehow I don't think it is a good idea. 

So now I am trying to eat 'healthy,' and yes I am adding in those two servings of ice cream a week... just in case!
Next question does a pint of Ben and Jerry's constitute a serving?

No comments:

Post a Comment