Tuesday 23 June 2015

Bruised But Not Broken

After yesterday's bad news, I had a lot of friends and family asking how I was doing. I couldn't seem to express all the emotions that I was experiencing until I was laying in bed last night and the phrase
'bruised, but not broken' popped into my head.

Bruised- not only the physical bruises on my stomach and legs from the daily injections, but also the emotional bruises. 

This has been, and continues to be, such a difficult journey. 

I've read so many other women refer to IVF and infertility as a roller coaster ride, and I think it perfectly describes the constant ups and downs that we experience.

As with most things in life it is not the bruises that you can see that hurt the most.

Not broken- After a lot of tears and 'why me', I was able to pull myself together and begin to look at the positives:

I have three follicles... that is three possibilities that we will get a mature egg, and that one of them will fertilize. 

After all it only takes one healthy, fertilized egg! 

And if it doesn't happen then we can try again.



No comments:

Post a Comment